Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Who Am I? What's This Project About?


Aloha & Namaste!

My name is Sadie Ariel Esther Rose Green.

Ever since I can remember, I've been an activist - fund-raising, organizing, holding meetings and events, speaking and advocating for positive change in my communities. I believe in our power as human beings to make the world a better place, if we so choose. Will you join me?

I've started this blog so that I can share information, exchange ideas, and garner support, for a new project.


So What Is The Project?



I've decided to import beautiful hand woven, fair trade bags from a local women initiative in Pokhara, Nepal. The bags are made with organically grown cotton and naturally dyed with plants and flowers by the women of the Chetana Women Skills Development Project. These bags have been supporting the livelihood and education of these women and their children for more than 20 years.

All of the profit (100%) from the sales of these bags (which are currently available for purchase at Honolulu's Happy Cake Cafe), go to support literacy programs for women and girls at the Astha Women School.

The goals of this project are as follows:

Help find and create a market for Chetana's products here in the USA; connecting them with store accounts, individual customers, and similar organizations, so that they can continue to create more opportunities and a better life for themselves and their children (you can see their pictures and get more information on their Facebook).

Help support the Astha Women School in their mission to provide uneducated women and girls in Nepal with formal education.

I have met these women, in their own communities. I am moved and impressed by their initiatives, and therefor I want to support them and share their stories with the world. Furthermore, I believe this could be a great learning opportunity for those of us interested in intercultural exchanges, global citizenship, sustainable peace with justice and equality, a democratic process of development, and so forth.

I'll keep you posted! Add me on Facebook, or for more information, contact me at womenprojectnepal@gmail.com

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations Sadie, let me know how I can help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mr. Vanderpoel! I have some awesome camera and computer bags for sale if you are interested, or looking for a special gift! Also, maybe we can use your skills to create some awesome promo material. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sadie we are thankful to you very much
    parbati from astha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks sadie we receive money Rs 35021 last Monday thanks all of you who involved there

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Parbati. We are so happy to support your school. We will do the best we can.

    Good luck and keep updated.

    Namaste!

    ReplyDelete